The Columbus Region is made up of eight counties surrounding the city of Columbus—the state capital and the largest
city in Ohio.
Consistently ranked in the top ten in nearly every category—economic growth, great place to raise a family, affordable cost of living, things to do, and more—it’s easy to see why the Region just keeps growing and getting better.
The Columbus Region at a Glance
- 1.64 million people in the region
- 800,000 people in the city of Columbus
- Consistent growth for the past 50 years
- Third fastest growing major metropolitan area in the Midwest
- 15th largest city in the nation
Columbus has affordable cost of living, short commute times, great schools, neighborhoods and parks, superior medical facilities, renowned universities, professional sports, exceptional dining, fantastic shopping and an eclectic nightlife. By calling Columbus home, you get all the perks of most major cities, but without all the big city hassles.